Thursday, June 7, 2012

Best Hamburgers Ever...


What you need:

2 pounds of hamburger meat
Salt, pepper, seasoning salt, onion salt, Worcestershire
Cheddar cheese (or your favorite), in thin slices
Cooked, chopped bacon
Buns

Put raw hamburger meat in a large bowl and add seasonings; mix well (I just use my hands).

Divide meat into six portions. Roll each portion into a ball and press out into a patty.

Place cheese slices on the middle of the patty. Add bacon (and any other ingredients you think would be good, for example: cooked green chile, sauteed onions... ).

Make another patty and place on top of the patty with the cheese and bacon. Pinch the sides of the patties together so that they are completely combined so nothing leaks out while cooking.
I cooked mine on a grill pan but you can use a skillet or the grill or whatever is best for you.

Cook them until done. I sprinkle a few small amount of Worcestershire sauce on each side for a little extra flavor. I put a sauce pan lid over the cooking burger so that it sealed in the heat and cooked it thoroughly.
We topped ours with cheese because we didn't know if the thin slices would be enough cheese (it would have been for me.... but it was still good)!
Toast buns, and add your usual toppings and serve!

YUM.

~C

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Found this on pinterest and I am sooooo making them now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was able to share it with you :)

    ReplyDelete